For the coming 5 years, the IMaNema programme will collaborate with a new partner: the Master of Science in Plant Pathology at Moi University in Kenya. This programme has recently upgraded the nematology content in its curriculum and offers 3 new course units:
- Plant Nematology
- Practical Plant Pathology
- Insect Pests and Nematology
Our master programme and our partners will support this programme with:
- 5 scholarships for Kenyan nationals, including tuition fee for 2 years, 12 months scholarship allowance and a bench fee for the master thesis research
- 7 grants for short research stays at (intern)national partner institutes such as Ghent University, International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology, International Institute for Tropical Agriculture, North West University, Stellenbosch University.
- Co-teaching and co-promotership
- Field visits with the NemAfrica team in a joint course unit for MSc Plant Pathology/IMaNema students in collaboration with CABI.
The application for admission and for 5 scholarships to the MSc in Plant Pathology is now open. Deadline for submission 15 February 2023, to start 1 May 2023.
The application procedure is 2-folded, online and should be done simultaneously:
- Apply for admission at Moi University. Choose for the application procedure for self-sponsored students. For further questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for a scholarship. First you need to register your e-mail address and choose a password, after which you will receive a link to your application form. Should you have any problems with this application, please contact email@example.com
Be prepared to provide: your picture, BSc diploma and academic transcripts, 3 recommendation letters and a short CV (max. 2 pages)
More information about the content of the Master of Science in Plant Pathology can be found here.